William P. Askin
Mr. Askin has more than 25 years’ experience practicing Real Property Law, Wills, Trusts, Estates, and Elder Law. Today, he focuses on the development of customized estate plans, estate administration, estate litigation, and elder law as well as the legal rights and issues related to the acquisition, ownership, development, improvement and sale of real property.
Bill’s experience includes serving as an Officer with the Trust Department at Chase Manhattan Bank in New York. He spent over 15 years as counsel to one of the nation’s largest real estate, mortgage, and title insurance firms. His completed a New Jersey State Superior Court clerkship and he spent several years with a litigation practice in Chatham, New Jersey. He is admitted to practice law by the States of New Jersey, New York, and Ohio. Bill is a native of Lake Mohawk, New Jersey.
Mr. Askin’s Estate and Trust practice is primarily focused on the development and implementation of customized estate and tax plans for our clients and their families. The Estates and Trusts legal team at Askin & Hooker, LLC can assist you in matters involving:
- Customized Estate Plans
- Living Wills
- Powers of Attorney
- Special Needs Trusts
- Probate Matters
- Estate Administration
- Asset Protection Strategies
- Tax Planning
- Will Contests
- Estate Litigation
- Revocable Living Trusts
- Irrevocable Trusts
- Medicaid Planning
Mr. Askin’s Real Property practice focuses on residential and commercial real estate transactions as well as all matters affecting real property ownership rights, development opportunities and legal responsibilities. Our Real Property Legal Team can assist you in matters involving:
- The acquisition, leasing, financing, and sale of residential, commercial, and industrial property.
- All aspects and types of Real Estate Litigation including Errors and Omissions Claims, Non-Disclosure, Property Defect, and Fraud.
- Residential and Commercial Real Estate Development and Building Law.
- Real Estate Finance, Title and Escrow matters including Short Sales and Foreclosures.
- Property Management.
- Zoning and Land Use including subdivision approvals and appeals.
- Property Tax issues and appeals.
- Complaints against real estate agents and brokers before industry trade associations, the Real Estate Commission and Civil Rights Commission.
J.D. New York Law School
B.A. Lafayette College
Associations & Memberships:
- Sussex County Bar Association
- Morris County Bar Association
- Elder Law Committee
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Real Property, Trusts and Estates Law Section Member
- Sparta Township Chamber of Commerce, Chairman (2016-Present)
- Sussex County Chamber of Commerce
- Lake Mohawk Preservation Foundation, Trustee (2013-Present) and President (2016-Present)
- Fair Housing Contact Service, former Board Member
- Pass It Along, Trustee
Karen Ann Quinlan Hospice Foundation, Trustee
Admitted to Practice:
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court – District of New Jersey