In partnership with Sparta Diversity Council
Summer High School Internship Details
The Askin & Hooker Internship Program offers an opportunity for underrepresented students who attend Sparta High School. Applicants for the summer internship program must be a junior or senior on the application deadline date. The program allows students to connect with legal industry professionals as they develop professional skills, network, and gain work experience.
Summer 2023- Apply by May 19, 2023
Please complete the application form by clicking the “Apply Now” link below.
Application deadline: May 19, 2023, 6:00 PM ET
We will contact applicants who qualify for interviews by June 2022
For the application, be prepared to share the following:
- Why are you applying for this internship?
- What do you hope to achieve with this internship, and how do you believe it will impact you?
- Which of your accomplishments are you most proud of, and why?
- What are you most passionate about learning — personally or professionally — and why?
- Internship Start placement: 60 hours total. Approximately 9 hours per week from July 10, 2023, through August 14, 2023. (The exact schedule will be arranged based on your availability.)
What Does a High School Intern Do at Askin & Hooker?
The internship consists of approximately 60 total hours divided among:
- Provide assistance to a team of both attorneys and paralegals in civil litigation, land use applications, contract negotiations, residential and commercial real estate transactions, and business transactions.
- Various aspects of research, writing, document review, file organization, and compiling a wide assortment of legal documents.
Who Can Apply?
Any student who:
- Is completing grade 11 or 12 and who attends Sparta High School
- Is LGBTQ+, Neuro- or Physically Diverse and/or BIPOC
- Has the consent of a parent/guardian to apply for this program.
You don’t need prior experience or specific knowledge of the law to apply—just interested in learning about a career in the law.
We are interested in interns with diverse backgrounds and interests who are excited about learning and sharing their skills and ideas.