Askin & Hooker Summer Internship program for LGBTQ, Neuro- or Physically Diverse and/or BIPOC students.
In partnership with Sparta Diversity Council
Summer High School Internship Details
The Askin & Hooker Internship Program offers an opportunity for underrepresented students who attend Sparta High School. Applicants for the summer internship program must be a junior or senior on the application deadline date. The program allows students to connect with legal industry professionals as they develop professional skills, network, and gain work experience.
Summer 2022- Apply by May 15, 2022
Please fill out the application form by clicking the “Apply Now” link below.
Application deadline: May 15, 2022, 6:00 PM ET
We will contact applicants who qualify for interviews by June 2022
For the application, be prepared to share:
- Why are you applying for this internship?
- What do you hope to achieve with this internship, and how do you believe it will impact you?
- Which of your accomplishments are you most proud of, and why?
- What are you most passionate about learning — personally or professionally — and why?
- Accepted intern reception: June 2022.
- Internship Start placement: 60 hours total. Approximately 9 hours per week from July 6, 2022 through August 19, 2022. (The exact schedule will be arranged based on your availability.)
We encourage you to apply using our online application system. If you are unable to use this system or need assistance accessing the application and completing it, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
What Does a High School Intern Do at Askin & Hooker?
The internship consists of approximately 60 total hours divided among:
- Provide assistance to a team of both attorneys and paralegals in civil litigation, land use applications, contract negotiations, residential and commercial real estate transactions, and business transactions.
- Various aspects of research, writing, document review, file organization, and compiling a wide assortment of legal documents.
Who Can Apply?
Any student who:
- Is completing grade 11 or 12 and who attends Sparta High School
- Is LGBTQ+, Neuro- or Physically Diverse and/or BIPOC
- Has the consent of a parent/guardian to apply for this program.
You don’t need prior experience or specific knowledge of the law to apply—just interested in learning about a career in the law.
We are interested in interns with diverse backgrounds and interests who are excited about learning and sharing their skills and ideas.